Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tis' the season

 I would just like to take a moment to express my deep deep passion for summer nights in Arizona. Those warm, breezy, starlit nights that just make you feel so free and alive. Some of the best moments in life happen on said nights, where in the spirit of youth anything is possible. Whether it's streaking through a golf course, crashing a hotel pool, or hunting for shooting stars on the trampoline, they set the scene for good times with friends and the stuff of nostalgia. 


Another thing about summer that I absolutely love is monsoon season. If someone were to ask me "What's up Arizona? How you likin' the rain girrl?!" 

My answer, without joking, would be a firm "YES".

I am currently cozied up on the couch with my patio doors and windows wide open as to fully embrace the sights and sounds of the thunderstorm brewing outside. I'm pretty sure the telephone pole across the street just got struck by lightning on account of the massive crack crack crumble that is still ringing in my eardrums. Nevertheless, nothing warms my heart quite like a good thunderstorm. Or the peccarino romano cheese that I am munching on. Seriously you guys...it is a delicacy. Its on my list of what I like to call "the finer things in life," somewhere below raspberry italian creme sodas, perhaps above crab puffs and perhaps a notch or two below WCG spinach artichoke dip. Because spinach artichoke dip is not only the cheesy saltiness of the dip, which is all that the romano cheese has to offer, but it is accompanied by the crunchiness of the tortilla chip, whereas the cheese alone can not challenge the complexness of the texture marriage. 


what are the ODDS that trap door'd lead me out here... -cronk



3 comments:

Guapoboy said...

Linx is a Nut (the good kind).

Emily Brooke said...

Yes yes and yes to Arizona summer nights, it is something that cannot fully be explained but must be experienced. Also, you seriously used that quote from my bathroom!!!! I just about died.

Liz said...

i could not be happier about this whole blog thing for you because the way in which you write and express yourself has the essence of you jumping off the screen and right into my heart, filling and melting it with laughter at the same time.

thank you